TDA was set up in 2011 to deliver Torbay Council’s economic development services. Central to what we do is a social purpose to deliver economic development, physical regeneration and business growth in Torbay for the good of our businesses, residents and visitors.
Working in partnership we:
- Drive ambitious, high quality developments that provide positive results for Torbay, and good outcomes for local businesses and residents.
- Help businesses relocate to the area and provide on-going support and aftercare once here.
- Secure funding to deliver key investment and regeneration for the area.
- Facilitate purpose-built workspace including innovation centres, enterprise centres, bespoke workspace and flexible office space.
- Deliver business support packages, expert one-to-one advice, business planning, mentoring, development workshops, aftercare support and networking events.
- Work with our key employers to make sure the right skills support is in place.
- Help to deliver work and training programmes which address skills gaps, create jobs and opportunities and support local business growth.
Torbay’s Economic Plan, Respond, Recover, Reposition sits at the heart of what we do. To ensure that the local economy is sustainable to deliver long term future prosperity and an improved quality of life for all Torbay residents.
Together we are working to develop a more resilient and stronger local economy.