The Kickstart Scheme is a Government initiative to create high quality six-month work placements for people aged 16 to 24. Young people are more likely to have been furloughed, with many working in sectors disproportionately hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
TDA is acting as a gateway organisation for the Kickstart Scheme in Torbay, supporting businesses with their applications, employability support and liaison with the Department of Work and Pensions.
Job Placements created with Kickstart funding must be new jobs and cannot replace existing or planned vacancies.
The placements you’re applying for must also be:
- A minimum of 25 hours per week, for six months
- Paid at least National Minimum Wage for their age group
- Not require people to undertake extensive training before the job placement.
Employers must also be able to develop applicants’ skills and experience, this includes:
- Support with CV guidance and interview preparations
- Support for long term employment, including career advice
- Supporting the participant with basic work skills, such as attendance, timekeeping and teamwork.
Training providers are available to help employers deliver this support, and the representative employer will be able to help broker this in, if required.
What funding is available?
- 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week
- Associated employer National Insurance contributions
- Employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
- There is also £1500 per job placement available for setup costs, support and training.
Torbay businesses are encouraged to contact us to find out how we can support you with your application in order to help create a paid for placement for your business.