Paignton Station Square is the focal point of the town centre. It has good transport links and is the social hub of the town, but the space is in desperate need of investment.
The image shows an artist impression of the proposed plans, which could be subject to change, following further consultation and engagement.
This project aims to:
- Enhance the public space
- Improve the connection between Paignton Station, Victoria Street and Torbay Road
- Improve the entrance of Paignton Station
The aim is to reinvigorate Station Square to:
- Become a social space for the community and visitors
- Be an attractive place restoring confidence in the town centre
- Improve the space throughout the day and evening
Design development is already well underway. It builds upon the previous work done in 2018 and 2019 following significant engagement work. Further design work is being aligned to the Torbay Road programme.
We plan to start physical delivery of this project in the financial year 2022/2023.
Organisations working on the project
- Torbay Council
- Network Rail
- Great Western Railway
- Kay Elliot Architects
- Phil Jones Associates
- BD Landscapes