Supporting economic regeneration in Torquay
Torquay is now preparing detailed business cases to unlock the first instalment of an incredible £21.9m investment from the Towns Fund to drive economic regeneration in the town.
The Towns Fund provides Torquay with a once in a generation opportunity to bring about significant change with a focus on the town centre. The funding will be used to deliver innovative regeneration and transformational projects set out in the Torquay Town Investment Plan.
The projects will provide a better mix of uses, creating an improved experience and greater footfall in the town centre, support growth in public transport and are expected to attract additional private sector investment into the town.
Through the Town Deal and Town Investment Plan, Torquay will deliver outcomes which include:
- Additional private and other public sector investment
- More business start-ups, business success and young entrepreneurs
- New jobs
- Increasing the number of people living in the town centre
- An improved cultural and tourism offer
- Improved health outcomes
- Reduced town centre antisocial behaviour
- Less benefit dependency, inequality and disadvantage